2009 #1 pick Blake Griffin sat on the bench for most of the fourth quarter, while 2000 #1 pick Kenyon Martin won Game 7 for the Clippers (with a little help from Reggie Evans, Mo Williams, Eric Bledsoe, and, oh yeah, Chris Paul).
The much-maligned Vinny Del Negro deserves credit with sticking with his effective bench well into the fourth quarter, though it’s still possible Chauncey Billups is actually deciding the player rotations.
Some good Lebron Jokes
I am sure that there are plenty of jokes on here that you have heard before, but these are for all the noobs out there.
12. Tomorrow is Lebron James day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.
11. What does LeBron James have in common with a fabric store? Neither carries any hardware.
10. Why didn’t LeBron James go to college? Because he can’t pass the finals.
9. If LaBron wanted a ring that bad, he should have stayed in Ohio and bought one from Terrell Pryor.
8. The new movie called “The Fourth” will star LeBron James as the Invisible Man.
7. Why did LeBron James get an automatic transmission in his Lamborghini? He’s not good in the clutch.
6. LeBron James is set to release his own line of headphones. The sound quality is amazing as it has no ring.
5. LeBron James was just traded to the Florida Panthers. He should be wildly successful, since in the NHL, there are only 3 periods.
4. What’s the difference between Saturn and LeBron James? They’re both big and full of gas, but at least Saturn has rings.
3. Why does LeBron only get served boneless buffalo wings? Because he has a tendency to choke.
2. Apple is coming out with a LeBron James iPhone. But it only vibrates because it has no rings.
1. No one ever asks LaBron James for change of a dollar. They know they won’t get a fourth quarter.
Spurs + Manu = winning
Eastern Conference playoff predictions
The Eastern Conference playoff seedings have been set, so it’s time to make some predictions about first round matchups. If i’m right i’ll probably gloat about it later…..
Chicago Bulls vs. Indiana Pacers
-I don’t think anyone is taking the Pacers over the Bulls here. Maybe the Pacers take the Bulls one extra game here but honestly I am pretty sure this will be a sweep. D. Rose is just too good and the Pacers are just too average.
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers
-Honestly, I could see this going seven games. Do I think that the 76ers can take the Heat to seven games? No! but I wouldn’t be surprised. The Heat are amazing Their talent is out of this world. However, they haven’t had chemistry all year. Give them another year so they can become familiar with each other and some role players before they are serious contenders. However, the Heat take this one in………. 6 games. The 76ers win two close games.
Boston Celtics vs. New York Knicks
-Here it is ladies and gents, the moment Spike Lee has been dreaming of, the return of the Knicks. The Celtics have been banged up in the post all year, and they aren’t deep in the post anyway. Shaq giving the Celtics quality minutes? Lets get real, he is in great shape though…… to be an NFL lineman! Amare is going to own the Celtics in the post and Melo is going to score 25+ in all of the games. The only way the Celtics win is if Allen, Rondo and Pierce can carry the team. Knicks in 7 though. The Celtics are too good to get swept.
Orlando Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks
-This on is tricky for me. I honestly could go either way. However, because the Magic have Dwight Howard, I am going to take the Magic in 5. I think that Gilbert finally starts scoring and possibly even gets above 20 points in multiple games. This matchup is going to come down to what happens off the bench though. If the Magic don’t get production from their role players, The Hawks could easily advance.
In the Eastern Conference finals I would like to see the Bulls and Knicks or even Bulls vs. Heat.